Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sewing 101

Last night me and Greta and Tara all went to a sewing class at Joanne's Fabrics Store. It was really great to get out and give Millie some time with her daddy and get to hang with my sisters while also learning:) The class was Sewing 101. I've been wanting to learn to sew and have done a bit of sewing before. I actually sewed myself a jogging suit in the 7th grade. Oh, how I wish I had saved that to laugh at later. I also made a lop sided dress in Home Ec class in high school. I'm really excited to sew some little things for Amelia. The class was great! We learned straight stitching, flat felled seams, french seams, sewing darts and using interfacing. We also sewed a tiny quilted coaster. My mom is coming to visit for a whole week on Sunday and we are going to make a little dress for Amelia. I'll be sure to blog about that and show the results. Here is a pic of my coaster...don't be surprised if you get coasters for Christmas next year:)